The aim of Orde Day Care Centre is to provide a stimulating program that enables the child to develop emotionally, socially, intellectually, creatively and physically.
Each child is given the opportunity to work on self-chosen tasks in an attractive environment especially designed and equipped to meet the child’s needs. It is hoped that this, along with daily routines, will instill a sense of independence, responsibility, and self worth within the child.
Each child is a unique person whose individuality is to be respected and encouraged. This individuality is fostered through our commitment to an inclusive anti bias, environment. Various role models are made available to the children through many mediums including, literature, creative arts, dramatic play, music, etc.
Affection is an integral part of our program, and it is hoped that each child will learn to give, share, and receive it. It is important for all children to recognize, accept, and express emotions.
Children are encouraged to verbalize their frustrations rather than resort to physical action. The day care staffs provide the language, support, and framework to enable the child to participate in the resolution of disputes through peacemaking efforts and logical consequences.
The Centre strives to provide an environment where learning is an enjoyable and rewarding experience where children can develop their potential at an individual pace.
- Opened at Orde Street Public School in 1980
- Satellite Site at St. Patrick Street opened in 1997 to meet the growing needs of the surrounding community
- Opened from 7:30am to 6:00pm all year round except for statutory holidays
- Licensed to provide childcare for 172 children from birth to 12 years
- Primary Care Giving Model
- Emergency care available for all ages
- Strict no NUTS or PORK policy
- Trans fat free menu
- Onsite kitchens
- Subsidies available for eligible parents/guardians
- Non-profit organization run by parent led Board of Directors
(c) 2005 Orde Day Care